January

Saturday, November 8, 2008

A day Trip Up North

A day trip up north to see Jerome, but we took in the sights along the way. Our first stop was Arcosanti, it was very interesting. It's a city that is being built slowly, and I mean slowly. It reminds me of something I would see in Eugene Oregon. I have to read more about it to tell you anything interesting. The best description is what I wrote above "it was very interesting". Second stop, a "Pit House" (old ruin) off of Orme Road. It was pretty cool and I was impressed with Zac's knowledge, he was like our very own tour guide from "Arizona Highways" (magazine here in the desert:)
Next was Jerome, AZ and if you are wondering where the pictures are I am sorry to say that I was enjoying myself with the history and shops that I forgot to take photos until the end of the day. So although you don't see much of Jerome, we did enjoy ourselves. I loved our drive home as it was this very scenic route and the weather was beautiful!

3 comments:

Jennifer Lyn Newell Standridge said...

how fun...love road trips even if they are not very far away.

Stephanie said...

Okay, the 'airplane/helicopter' song was great! I laughed so hard 'cuz we have had a few of those type songs on our roadtrips.
Thanks for sharing your adventures...

Derrell and Jennifer said...

Love the singing!