January

Monday, May 18, 2009

Birthday Cake Gathering

I love cake...I love birthdays, weddings, and any excuse to eat cake. So when I decided I needed to have a Birthday gathering it only seemed reasonable to have a "Birthday Cake Gathering". Let me just say that my Mother and I worked on two of the cakes, and I don't want to brag but I was "in love"....
Red Velvet Cake with White Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting (Mother found this recipe for the frosting. It was good but we decided to add a few of our own little things)
and
White cake with lemon curd filling and butter cream frosting (This one was my personal favorite) my friend Karin Gonda has perfected this "lemon curd" recipe and it's to die for!!!
and
My friend Elizabeth was very kind and generous to make a peanut butter chocolate cake. (Thank you Elizabeth!)
It was a great way to celebrate my Birthday and I was very happy.










3 comments:

Jennifer Lyn Newell Standridge said...

Yummy...wish I was there!....Happy Birthday!

Aunt Cyndi's Blog said...

Love the idea of multipule birthday cakes. I am going to have to try that one. Love you!

Pam said...

Beautiful cakes, beautiful people! Your sister (is it Amber or Ashley?) looks sooo much like Jennifer!