January

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

So much harder than you image...

So court today was hard...so much harder than I imaged. It's hard to explain what we went through but let's just say it started out with coming out of the elevator and seeing Darlene, Crystals Mother. Zac said "Hi Darlene" with a very pleasant tone and her response back was "You have no idea what you have put us through" and walked off. Everything inside of me wanted to say "how dare you". That is what makes Zac so perfect for me, he has such a good nature about himself and he controls is emotions. Zac took the stand first and did a good job, he answered the questions given him and expressed his thoughts well. Crystal, represented herself and cross examined him. Her last questions to him was "How are you going to explain to your son how you kept me out of his life". This coming from the girl that left her son after two months and has very little to do with him unless it suits her schedule. Of course our Attorney objected and that was over.
The reality of this was the realization that their really are people out their that don't take responsibility for their own actions. I really honestly believe that Crystal, her mother, and her sister all missed the boat on understanding what it takes to bring a child into this world. I wish I could go into all that was discussed but let's just say that Crystal had an excuse to everything, and her mother and sister were both quick to accuse me for their own issues. Zac again did great and I thought we had some good points.
The Judge was quick to rule on the outcome of child support $ and visitation rights. However, he will be giving the final ruling regarding sole custody vs. joint custody in one week. Yup...one week...that means right before we get married we find out "the news".
We pray that the Judge will see truth and it will be in our favor but it's just hard to know.

Thank you for your prayers and support.

I leave tomorrow to go home for the wedding. Zac and Alex will join me in one week, a little nervous as we have not been apart from one another since we became a couple but I guess it will be fun to see each other when they join me too. :)

3 comments:

Aunt Cyndi's Blog said...

I am so sorry that you are going through this right now. I'll keep you all in my prayers. I love you!

Jennifer Lyn Newell Standridge said...

JJ, Zac & Alex; Hang-in-there!

Pam said...

You are in my prayers...