January

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oh...how I love Alexander

So today I kept Alexander rather busy. We went hiking at South Mtn., and he is getting pretty good at walking most of it on his own. I took him to the Train park that he loves, and we ended the day swimming in Amber's heated pool. I really really love being with him everyday and I am always amazed at what he can do on his own. For example I am trying to teach him his sounds with his letters. The other day we were driving in the car and he said, without any help or assistance, "C...C...C...Car, that starts with K". Now, I know that is not right but it's the fact that he is doing this on his own. He is very smart.
Maybe a little to smart, today we were in the pool by ourselves and then this guy joined us.

Side note: This guy turned out to be an NFL draft football player, very nice looking.

Alexander kept wanting to go swim by him and kept asking if we could go talk to him. Alexander loves talking to people, he will tell them all sorts of things. So I kept trying to keep him distracted, but I was having no luck as Alexander was getting louder and louder. I started getting uncomfortable, so when this guy went under water I put my back to him and said to Alexander, "Alex we can't be friends with everyone...let's just leave him alone." Then I see Alexander's eye looking over my shoulder and he says very loudly while pointing his finger, "We are talking about you". I turned around to see Mr. handsome NFL man laughing. I was so embarrassed, and had to say, "yes, it's true...I was talking about you. I am sorry he really wants to be your friend...or something like that". Turns out Mr. Handsome NFL man is named Neader, and no I did not get his number...but he was a good sport and Alexander has a new friend.

Maybe Alexander can find my husband too??? :)

4 comments:

Jennifer Lyn Newell Standridge said...

Oh.... out of the mouths of Babes! Hey I say if he can help you with that use it! Then can you send him up here I could use some help!

Pam said...

What a cutie pie. I'm so glad you get to spend time with your special little guy.

Cathy said...

So much fun! You gotta love the pure innocence and confidence

Pyatt said...

It's all about networking even if it is through a three year old!!:) I love it!